Our Favorite Things: Stilton Chicken
Nov 18, 2014 09:36PM
● By Laura Ustanovska
Photo by Heart & Soul Photography
A cut above and a great idea for an easy and elegant holiday dinner party! On a trip to Canada, we had a great chicken dish at the Millcroft Inn. To make a long story short, the chef was nice enough to not only send this recipe of his, but a book of recipes of the best chefs of Canada. Thanks Fredy Stamm. We have served Stilton Chicken along with wild rice at many of our dinner parties and always received great reviews!
Stilton Chicken with Leeks - serves 6
3 large deboned and skinned chicken breasts, cut in half
4 T shallots, chopped - divided
4 T unsalted butter, divided
2 C whipping cream
1 C dry white wine
2 oz. ripe Stilton cheese
2 leeks, washed and coarsely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of cayenne pepper
1. Salt and pepper the chicken breasts.
2. Saute 3 shallots in 2 T butter over medium heat. Add chicken breasts and saute gently on both sides without giving them any color.
3. Deglaze pan with wine; bring to a boil and add cream.
4. Simmer about 18 minutes or until tender. Remove chicken from sauce and keep warm.
5. Add Stilton cheese to pan and quickly bring sauce to boil until creamy consistency. Add cayenne.
6. In a separate pan, saute leeks and 1 T shallots in 2 T butter.
7. Serve chicken on top of leeks. Top with sauce and enjoy!